Are helping someone (or yourself) who is suffering?



Suffering is rising right now considering the flurry of devastation and the increasing angst in our political realm. And more. To say the least. . . and I'm doing soul-searching about the feelings of suffering and the mindset of suffering, to look for the best perspective I can hold.  

This morning in my meditation I imagined an angel coming down and informing me that all I am suffering about can be used for a greater purpose. Here's the perspective I now have, after letting this meditation settle.  

First, my mind ran through the familiar list of tactics and tools for dealing with suffering. How to support yourself, and how to support others with things to say and do. This is fine. But I want more. I want a deeper reveal so I can feel grounded in the bigger picture. 

I want to see the spiritual solution for everything I touch and feel connected to this suffering. I went through several mental explorations and they all landed back to the one place of just letting the voice of this angel ring true: I am the one who makes the suffering mean anything. I get to choose every moment what I make it mean, what I do with it, how I let it inform me or activate me. 

Ok then.  My job is to let go of everything else but being present to it and being in charge of my relationship to it. And I see that if I want to support others in their experiences of suffering I can do the same thing. Be present with them, be present with their experience of suffering, and choose every moment what I make it mean, what I do with it and how I let it inform me or activate me. 

If I want to, I can ask them questions to learn how they are seeing this for themselves. That's it. Because what if it's not about suffering, but more about the experience of letting go?  

So how are you doing with your experience of letting go? Are you resisting, are you detaching, are you embracing, are you allowing, are you playing with it? I'm doing better. Sometimes the suffering tips me over and I go into feeling so sorry for myself. Then it passes, and I bounce. . . Are you willing to be brave and go deeper into it? I send you love and strength. And gratitude for all these things coming right back to my own heart. 

www.fullyexpressedpotential.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Days to Major Blessings: Make the Most of the Holidays.

Summer Your Dreams!

What it Takes to Create a New Lifestyle