What's Great about Coaching Sessions?



I am asked a lot, “What happens in a coaching session? Why would someone work with a life coach? Should I sign up for a coaching session? What kind of people need a coach?

Sometimes people assume a person would be “broken” or “messed up” somehow, leading them to work with a coach.  It’s actually the opposite of those negative concerns. Coaching takes you to your next level.  

Maybe you want a career change. Maybe you want a new perspective. Maybe you want better communication in any relationship. Maybe you want to hit the “reset button” in a situation. Maybe you just need a boost in some area of your life/work. These are great reasons for a coaching session. 

I have studied and learned through multiple trainings how to move you forward and take you into a greater version of yourself.  A coaching session is designed for you to understand and apply whatever is needed to fulfill your desires. 

Why do coaches offer a single session at no charge?  

Over the years, I've learned the huge value in a “Discovery Session” for the purpose of being able to personally experience a coaching session.
.
I invite you go to www.fullyexpressed.com and download the gift card for one session.  You’ll experience the inside scoop on “what’s so great”, and how just one coaching session might be all you need to get on track.

You'll want to know the basics:  A session is 45 minutes you can design any way you want. You can literally ask to be coached on ANY TOPIC. Choose the biggest thing you want to change or the most challenging thing you want to improve. Maybe you just have questions you’d like to ask on one small topic and you’d like to see how a masterful coach can help you.

A popular question is "Does a coaching session feel like going to a therapist?”  Not typically. There are many styles of therapy, as well as many different coaching styles and techniques.  I’ve personally experienced several therapists earlier in my life and am a huge fan of therapy to help people heal. The biggest difference between therapy and life coaching is the approach and the design of the relationship.  

Your life coaching session will be a forward-moving-focus where a therapy session is typically a historical or past-focus on what needs to be healed or fixed or overcome. In therapy you might analyze your previous choices and feelings, while a coaching approach would have you noticing your feelings and choices in order to have the freedom to choose what serves you now and in alignment with your goals/desires.   A coaching relationship can feel like a spiritual partnership where a therapy relationship can feel like a hierarchy between therapist and client.  

Many people share they feel nervous to have a coaching session. Maybe they’re unsure of what to say, or unsettled about what to do. Anxiety can come up around wondering if they will be able to communicate well enough what they need.  This is reasonable and understandable.  I felt the same way.  

I remember signing up for my first coaching session ever. It was part of a workshop I attended on personal growth.  I actually felt annoyed that I would have to take the time to “get the advice of someone who probably wouldn’t understand me in the first place”.  

Considering how life-changing that session turned out to be for me, I laugh every time I remember my resistance and judgement.

All that’s needed for a great coaching session is to just show up and just BE YOU. 

No preparation is required. I will ask the right questions. I will hold the space for you to explore and express. I am skilled at leading the session. You have nothing to worry about. Only to receive being expertly guided through the experience.  Just give yourself permission to be present.  I am fully prepared so that you can bring whatever you want to the table, or to show up with nothing and go from there.

I absolutely love taking you through a process that will bring you into yourself. A coaching session is very active and participatory and naturally shows you your own mind.  I have multiple tools and exercises I love to offer.  A typical experience is being in touch with yourself in a way you hadn’t before.

Maybe you're attracted to a deeper conversation with someone, or a conversation that includes a more soul, or a spiritual perspective. A coaching session is great for this level of fulfillment. 

After seeing the benefits of people being exposed to improving their well-being whether it’s mentally or emotionally or both, it always results in greater self-awareness. Often, just being able to describe ourselves to someone else allows a deeper level of self-awareness which is an opening for self-love. We can all use more of that!

A coaching session is a great opportunity to “download your brain and feelings”.  We can talk about what you’re thinking, and talk about what you WANT to think.  Where you’re going and where you WANT to go.  This awareness cannot arise within your own mind alone.

A coaching session is truly a gift to yourself.  It’s like you are saying out loud, 
“I want to work ON my life as well as working IN it.”

I’m honored and excited to offer this unforgettable experience to you and to share this wonderful way of getting the perspective and support you need to have the fulfillment you want and deserve in your life.

Contact me at www.fullyexpressedpotential.com and try it out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Days to Major Blessings: Make the Most of the Holidays.

Summer Your Dreams!

What it Takes to Create a New Lifestyle